Prices & Policies
Introductory special for new students:
- Monthly unlimited: $50 (one month only)
- Monthly Unlimited: $129
- Monthly Unlimited with Childcare: $145
Full rate memberships include unlimited drop in adult classes, 25% off series, and 10% off workshops.
Monthly memberships require a three month minimum commitment.
Payments are processed on the first of the month. If starting after the first, the first month will be prorated and not included in initial three months.
A thirty day written (email) notice is required to cancel membership.
- 10 class: $160 (valid for 4 months from activation date)
- 5 class: $85 (valid for 4 months from activation date)
- Drop in: $20 (vaild for 4 months from activation date)
Student Rates (full time only, id req’d)
- 10 class: $100
- 5 class: $55
- Drop in: $12
Privates: $90 per hour Duets: $45 per person/hour Trios: $30 per person/hour
Fitness instructor discount
Local Motion has a special rate for current fitness instructors.
Contact us for more information.
- 10 pack: $50 (vaild for 4 months from activation date)
- 5 pack: $30 (vaild for 4 months from activation date)
- Drop-in: $7 (vaild for 4 months from activation date)
Class and Childcare packages expire as 4 months after first use, no exceptions. Please keep these dates in mind before purchasing your package.
Forms of Payment
We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
Registering and canceling registration
Class reservations (aerial policy below) must be cancelled 4 hours in advance or you will be charged for that class. Monthly Unlimited pass holders will be charged $10.
Aerial class reservations must be cancelled 24 hours in advance, or you will be charged. No exceptions.
Cancellations must be made online, and will not be honored through email or phone call.
Please arrive on time for class. If you do not sign up online, or you are late arriving, we cannot guarantee your spot in class or in childcare.
Walk ins are always welcome space permitted. Come early. You will need to sign a waiver and pay for class before it begins.
We cannot guarantee space in a class or childcare room if you are not registered in advance.
Each child must have a separate reservation.
Please note that we may cancel any class. Please make sure you check the online schedule frequently and your contact information is up to date including your phone number.
We reserve the right to cancel workshops or sessions because of low enrollment. Should this occur a full refund will be given.
Weather/Emergency cancellations are posted on our website, online schedule and our facebook page.
Workshop/Series credit policy:
You must cancel with a 72 hours notice of when the workshop/series is scheduled to begin. There are no refunds on workshops/series. We will do our best to issue a credit to your Local Motion account, however, please note that some workshops may have a no credit/no refund policy.
Things to consider:
- If you have an injury or medical condition or history it is your responsibility to inform the instructor before class.
- No cell phones or heavy perfumes in class.
- We love for our students to make friends and feel at home in the studio. However, if there is a class in session please be mindful to speak in low tones as not to disrupt the practice of others who are in the midst of their flow.
- If you arrive late for a yoga class, please do not enter until after centering.
- If coming with children, please arrive early to get them settled before class begins. This is beneficial for both the children, and the students.
Where is Local Motion located?
We are located near Old Town Alexandria. Just off of Duke Street by the Telegraph Road exit. A convenient walk from the King Street Metro and Carlyle District.
Do you have parking?
We have plenty of on-site parking in our lot and there is additional parking on Dove Street if needed
Do you have childcare?
We offer childcare for most adult classes. Please see our schedule page.
I’m new. How do I sign up?
To sign up you can use our online scheduling and payment system. Please go to our online schedule page under “adult classes”.
Must I sign up in advance?
To ensure your spot in our regularly scheduled ongoing classes and childcare, please sign up in advance. However, if this is not possible, drop-ins are welcomed if space permits. We cannot guarantee space in class or childcare if you are not resistered in advance. Please check class schedule online in advance to make sure there are no class cancellations or changes. Due to the specialized nature of our workshops, pre-registration is required.
What should I bring? Do you have mats?
If you have one, we recommend bringing a personal mat. However, pilates and yoga mats are available free of charge at the studio. We provide props such as blocks, blankets, straps, etc. free of charge. You should bring your own towel and water if you like.
Do you have a place to change clothes before and after class?
We have two ample sized bathrooms, and a changing room, but we do not have showers. There is a room for storing clothes and valuables.
Question not answered? Please go to our contact page.